#AdanolaRecipes: Whats for dinner? Asian Beef Stir Fry...
Sometimes you crave some comfort food... and lets face it, it's hard to beat a bowl of steaming hot noodles.
This delicious Asian Beef Stir Fry has all the goodness and none of the guilt, it's a great mid week meal you can whip up in no time.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted peanuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5cm piece of ginger
- sesame oil
- 2 star anise
- 200 g lean minced beef
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon low-salt soy sauce
- 2 limes
- 150 g brown rice noodles
- 2 spring onions
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 200 g fresh mixed salad veg , such as round lettuce, carrot, radishes, cress, spinach
- 4 sprigs of fresh coriander
1. Toast the peanuts in a dry pan over the heat. When they have some colour, remove and crush up. Prepare the garlic and ginger by chopping finely.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil into the frying pan with the star anise. Add the beef mince to the pan, then add half the ginger and garlic. Add the honey and stir fry for 5 minutes for it to get brown and crispy.
3. Meanwhile mix the remaining garlic and ginger in a pestle and mortar, then adding the fish sauce, lime juice and soy sauce to make a dressing.
4. Cook the noodles by following the packet instructions.
5. Trim and chop the spring onions and chilli. Deseed if you don't like it too hot. Prepare all salad veg to your liking, (we like to finely slice the carrots or matchstick them).
6. Add the salad veg to the bowl, followed by the noodles. Pour the dressing over the top of the two. Then add the beef, topping with chilli and spring onions and the crushed peanuts. Add coriander leaves and your good to go!