#AdanolaRecipes: How to make a healthy cauliflower crust pizza
So today, the 9th of February, is National Pizza Day - hooray! But wait, you've done so well with your New Years healthy eating that you're considering giving it a miss... Well, don't! We have the perfect solutions; the most amazing (and healthy) cauliflower crust pizza.
For the Crust:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 large egg
For the Toppings:
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- Fresh sweetcorn
- 2 oz herbed goat cheese (or plain goat cheese)
- A few leaves of fresh basil, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor for about 30 seconds.
- Place crumbs in to a microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Once cool, place the crumbs on to a clean tea towel and wring all of the water out of the cauliflower over the sink.
- Once as dry as possible, combine the dried cauliflower with the cheese, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and egg with your hands to form your dough.
- Place the dough on to your prepared baking tray and mould in to a thin 10" circle.
- Bake in the oven for 10-11 minutes.
- Once the crust has pre-cooked, remove from the oven and top with your prepared ingredients; zucchini, sweetcorn and goats cheese.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil, slice and enjoy!