#AdanolaActive: Let's Go Outside
Spring has sprung and there's no better reason to shake off the constraints of the gym and feel the benefits of an al fresco work out.
Here are our suggestions to enjoy the great outdoors and get fit all at the same time.
Targets triceps, Shoulders, Core
- Sit on a bench and place your hands on either side of your hips.
- Slide your bum forward, supporting yourself with your hands.
- Bend elbows, bringing upper arms almost parallel to ground, then return to starting position.
- Keep lower back close to the bench throughout the exercise.
- Complete 12 to 15 reps.
Targets Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes
- Using a flat rock, step up with your left foot and lift your right leg directly behind you.
- Step down and repeat on opposite side.
- Next, step up on left foot, raising right leg diagonally behind you; switch sides and repeat.
- Step up on left foot, kicking right foot out to side; switch legs and repeat.
- Continue until you've completed the kick cycle (back, diagonal, side) 26 times.
Targets Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Core
- Stand facing a park bench and place your hands on the seat; walk your feet out behind you until your legs are fully extended.
- Bend your arms and lower chest toward bench, then push up.
- Complete 12 reps.
- Turn around and place your hands on the ground and your feet on the bench walk your hands forward until they're aligned under shoulders, legs extended.
- Lower chest toward ground, then push up. Complete 8 reps.
- Work up to 20 reps of each.